One of my favorite places to visit is Chaguaramas, Trinidad 🌳. There are so many things to do there, so many spots to visit, it is perfect for groups of friends or families 👨👩👧👦, kids, pets 🐕🐈, those in search of an adventure, people who want to exercise or go for a hike or for someone who just wants to chill and have a picnic 🍱🧁 🍰 in a park. Below is a list of my top thirteen things you can do in Chaguaramas:
Want to Relax?
- Go to the beach 🏝 . There are two main beaches in the area, the two most well known are Macqueripe Bay (see pics below) and Williams Bay.
2. Picnic in Samaan Park. I am in love with the 200 year old samaan trees in Samaan Park 🌳🌳. When the grass is cut low, you can often see groups of friends or families having picnics or persons doing photoshoots.
Want something more adventure related? Want to do a hike in the west? There is something for you too….
3. Hike to Edith Falls. This waterfall is accessed on the road to the golf course. I have only been here once, several years ago but it is a popular hiking trail. There is not much water at the bottom of the falls thou, so I consider it more of a trail walk or a dry hike🌿.
4. Hike to Plane Crash Site. As stated in one of my previous posts, this is one of my favorite dry hikes in Trinidad. This hike is to the Piper PA-23 aztec plane 🛬 that crashed into the mountainside in Chaguaramas in 1975.
5. Hike to Covigne Gorges 💦. There is nothing else to say but this is one of my most beloved hikes in Trinidad. You traverse through such varying terrain: beautiful bamboo, pass through a gorge, scale a rock…. and end up at a lovely plunge pool…..it is the definition of an adventure 😊.
Looking for a good workout?
6. Walk to the top of Bamboo Cathedral and the Satellite 🚶♀️ 🚶. When our beaches and rivers closed, this trail became one of the go to spots for many persons to get a taste of the outdoors while doing some exercise. It is a great workout and the distance from the top to the bottom is about 3 km.
7. Mountain biking 🚵♀️ 🚵. If you have a mountain bike, there are many trails for you in Chaguaramas……..just try not to get lost as they loop all around the area. These are also perfect trails to walk your dog.
8. Riding / Walking / Jogging 🚴♀️ 🚴🏃♀️ 🏃along Tucker Valley road and the new bike / running track along the Western Main Road. Perfect for runners or riders who like long straight flat routes to train and do some distance running / riding.
Other things to do in the area
9. Zip Lining 🏝. Ziptt is located close to Macqueripe Bay but I do not think they reopened as yet.
10. Visit to the Arboretum 💧 💦. The Arboretum is a perfect spot for a chill lime with family or friends. It is affordable at just $100 per person for a day pass. You can get more information about this spot on their FB page.
11. Eat at U-Pick Farms. 🥪🥙☕️🥐🍎 I love food and the food at this restaurant is awesome and the ambience is great. I remember visiting after a race down Chaguaramas a couple of years ago and funny enough, most of the persons who did that race, ended up at U-Pick for breakfast after. I highly recommend a visit, if you have never been here before.
12. Golf. 🏌️⛳ If you play golf, there is a lovely golf course in Chaguaramas. It is a 9 hole course, surrounded by the beautiful mountains and players can be found teeing off at any time of the year.
13. Visit Five Islands Water and Amusement Park 💦. This is a perfect place to spend your birthday with your friends and family.
I hope you enjoyed my post…… Did I miss anything? 😎 What else do you do when you visit Chaguaramas? There is also canoeing and other water spots available at Williams Bay 🙂